We are pleased to announce that the six portraits offered by Will Ellis sold out in a few hours!
Mr. Ellis, to accompany his gallery exhibition One LP here at ARC, generously offered to photograph ARC supporters with their favorite album. We are now accepting folks for the waiting list if there are cancellations. But we hope you can all attend the exhibition.
One LP Exhibition @ ARC
Friday Sept 19 – Friday Oct 3
The exhibition offers 50 portraits of musicians holding one of their favorite albums. The above portrait is of Marcus Miller with his copy of Miles Davis’ Milestones.
Each portrait is accompanied by a short interview that explores the album’s meaning and value for the subject, often offering a profound insight into influences and deep connections with the music of other artists. In some instances the record chosen sets the course of the musician’s life. Unique to this exhibit will be QR codes linking selected portraits to these interviews and audio.
Renowned Jazz photographer Herman Leonard has said of Ellis’ work, “beautiful images — glad to see someone younger has the eye.”
- For publication and listings: One LP Gallery Exhibition by British Photographer William Ellis
- Where: ARChive of Contemporary Music, 54 White Street, ground floor
- Opening invitation only event: Thursday evening, Sept 18, 5 – 9pm
- Exhibition dates and hours: Friday Sept 19 – Friday Oct 3. Daily 11am – 5pm. Closed Sundays. Free.
- Directions: ARC is three short blocks south of Canal Street, between Broadway & Church St in Tribeca. Take the #1 train to Franklin, or any train to Canal.
- Contact: Bob George @ ARC 212-226-6967 / William Ellis, UK +44 7711 886664 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press: Hi-resolution photos are available upon request for publication. Please spec.